Part of the listed Farmhouse at Crackaway Barton dates from late medieval times although the settlement was mentioned earlier in the Doomsday Book. An extension added during the 18th century is noted with a date plaque on the Farmhouse wall inscribed “John Foss of Ilfordcombe 1732”
William Stanbury took over the Farm in 1896 and up until June 2002 the Farmhouse, courtyard and its buildings were still being farmed by the same family, his grand daughter Ruby Ayre and her husband Terence. In fact the Ayre family still farm and manage the adjoining land and buildings.
In June 2002 the older part of the Farm was bought by Sally Parsons and her family and they have converted the original farm buildings into these quality holiday units using original materials and retaining existing features